Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Little Signs

From the first week of Ella's life she was sick. First it started off with jaudice she just couldn't kick. Next, at two weeks of age, she got RSV followed by her first ear infection at 3 weeks of age. Ella received the Hep B shot 24 hours after her birth and by 3 weeks old she was on her first antibiotic. Now my instinct was stronger than ever and I was listening. I had to fight with my pediatricain to do only one vaccine at a time. I got the whole guilt trip that she could get a deadly disease and die. Even being told these things, I went with what I thought I should do. Ella received her first 4 months of vaccines within a 6 month period and at 6 different times instead of 2 doctor visits. She continued to constantly be sick. By 3 months of age she was on an inebulizer for upper respitory issues, had 2 ear infections, a constant cough and runny nose, and a virus. Our doctor kept telling us this was all normal especially since she was born at the beginning of cold and flu season. My heart kept telling me this wasn't normal. It was also at this time that I decided to go with a biomedical approach in treating Haiden. We found a DAN! (Defeat Autism Now) doctor in Carmel and made an appointment for the first of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment