Thursday, April 7, 2011

Autism Action

April is Autism Awareness Month and I think it is awesome that an entire month has been dedicated to autism but we are fully aware by now!  We are aware that autism is growing at an alarming rate.  We are aware that 1 in 110 children and 1 in 74 boys will be diagnosed with autism.  We are aware at the emotional and financial devastation this causes children and families.  It is time for some Autism Action!  There is a growing group of parents that "get it" and are taking action to recover, cure, prevent autism in their child/children but unfortunately there are so many others who still trust the "professionals".  I finally "got it" and will continue to spread the word no matter what.  I've lost friends, I have family who thinks I'm crazy, but I have a healthy son who no longer demonstrates "autistic characteristics"!  We love you Haiden!

No comments:

Post a Comment