Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Email

Here is an email I received from Haiden's special education teacher.

Hi Abby,


Haiden did such a nice job at the play today. I love when he is proud of himself... that confidence continues to grow! It was so cute to see your little group of kids sitting around you for the play! They were so good! The reason for this email is to share that the whole special ed team at WL feels that if you were interested or ready for Haiden to head back to his home school, we are all in agreement that he is ready. We are basing this on the level of sp ed support he needs to be successful. He has done so well in every facet, everyone has readily agreed that he could return to Eagle if that is what you would like for him. This is not a decision you need to make right away but if Haiden attending Eagle in 2nd grade is a goal, I need to start some transitioning discussions. Let me know your thoughts.

Maria

I could barely finish reading the email because my eyes were filled with tears.  This was something we really wanted for Haiden and we are thrilled that it is happening so fast!

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful story here. My son has been on the Specific Carbohydrate diet for about a month and a half now and he's showing definite improvements - more attentive and more aware definitely. Today he drew a monkey - recognizable, with a head, body, legs and a smiley face. Normally he draws big blocks of color so I was stunned and very proud.

    This post made me tear up a little bit too - this is the sort of thing I hope for my own son. I'm so glad that you have seen such progress and I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete