Saturday, April 25, 2009

Where did the time go?

When Haiden was 13 months old Brian and I started "talking". If you would of told me I was going to fall in love and marry Brian McKinney, I would of told you, that's crazy. During this time I was teaching a self contained special education class with students who had emotionally and behavioral disorders. I was also coaching the local age group swim team. Haiden continued to be sick a lot, have stomach problems, and very little progress with his speech. Our doctor kept telling me, "he is fine". I kept thinking things will get better, Haiden's health will improve, he will start talking more. He attended a home day care so there wasn't a structured routine to follow and he didn't have to communicate with his words. We were out of the house by 6 am every morning and didn't get home until 8:00 at night. Most nights he went to my mom's while I coached. I was so busy trying to provide for Haiden financial that I neglected his emotional needs. I missed even more warning signs that things weren't getting better and I still didn't follow my instinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment