Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 1 and 2 of SCD

For those of you not familiar with the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) it can get kind of complicated and I would bore you with all of the details. (If you are interested I have links under Great Links that are informative resources. ) My family started the SCD in hopes of fully recovering Haiden from PDD-NOS and helping out daughter with her yeast issues. It has been a very long two days! Day 1 wasn't too bad, I was just starving and the kids were sick of eating the same thing all day. Haiden has a good understanding of what and why we are doing this but Ella thinks we are just depriving her of all her favorite foods. Today, well, today was an incredibly rough day. Haiden woke up with an upset belly and wouldn't eat. Ella woke up very emotional and refused to eat. By lunch time, Haiden was doing much better and ate a hamburger but Ella refused to eat until dinner time. Most of the day was spent with the kids laying around the house and Ella crying. They both felt warm but I never took their temperature. I felt very fatigued so I know they didn't feel good. Tomorrow we will be able to add some more foods and hopefully things will get better. Some family and friends may think I'm crazy for doing such drastic things but I have a child recovering from autism and I will doing anything (safe of course) to help him out of this! As for Ella, she has obvious yeast issues that are impeding her physical and emotional well being and if I can make her better, I will!

2 comments: