Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cranio What?

So it took some convincing but I finally agreed with Ella's O.T. to try craniosacral therapy. Teresa Morrison, cranio therapist, came to our house for Ella's first treatment. It looked like she wasn't doing anything but putting her hands on Ella. She worked on her for an hour and said she would probably be very tired the rest of the evening. The next day Ella ate real food for the first time! Brian and I were absolutely amazed. No more gagging and throwing up food, yipee! Haiden also continued to make improvements in his speech, social skills, and overall health. I continued to research children who were recovered from autism and continued to be inspired. It was driving me crazy knowing that I really counldn't move on with Haiden's recovery until we saw Dr. Hulseman. I decided to call her office and ask if there was anything I could do to get in earlier. The receptionist told me I could be put on the cancellation list and when they had someone cancel, I would be called. I was thrilled and she put us on the list! It was also during this time that we found out we were pregnant with baby #3! About a month earlier I had stopped drinking sodas and started taking prenatal vitamins. Our family had already removed processed foods, foods with artifical sugars, flavors, and coloring. I knew at that moment I was going to make sure I did everything right with this pregnancy. I thought I was doing that with my other two but I didn't realize how many toxins I was exposing myself to at that time. I was going to live my life as toxic free as possible to ensure this baby had a good start. I finally felt confident as a mom because I was listening to my instinct!

No comments:

Post a Comment