Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Search Begins

Right away I requested for Haiden to get more therapy time through First Steps and we got it. I also found a speech therapist through St. Vincent so Haiden could have even more therapy. I made a picture schedule to help Haiden deal with transitions. His O.T., Tara, made social stories with pictures of Haiden in the story to help with transitions, playing with different toys, and sharing. We had "therapy" time at home as well. Brian and I were constantly working with him to improve his areas he was struggling with. I became a Google queen, I researched and researched and researched. Through my research Haiden fit the profile of a child with PDD-NOS but I was still in denial. I guess I didn't want to believe it. During this time Haiden continued to amaze us with his incredible memory and musical talent. He also continued to be sick a lot, have severe bowel issues, random rashes, and yeast infections. Through the school I work for I became familiar with a neuropsychologist, Dr. Hudson, who was highly respected. As a part of my denial I decided to get a second opinion. I didn't want to believe this was Haiden's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment