Monday, May 11, 2009

Keeps Getting Better

Ella continued to make huge gains with speech, occupational, and cranio therapy. Haiden continued to make improvements in his overall health, speech, and social interactions. I was thrilled when in January I received a phone call from Dr. Hulseman's office saying they had a cancellation and Haiden could get in the next day. We went the next day and I knew I had finally found a doctor I could trust. She wanted us to continue the GFCF diet and move towards the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. She also wanted us to start Haiden on supplements (multivitamin, vitamin B, magnesium, vitamin C, cod liver oil, digestive enzymes, calcium, and Therabiotic) and an antifungal. After a few days on the antifungal Haiden started to get yeast infections on his skin under his arms, along his abdomen, and groin area. It was the weirdest thing but I knew it was a good sign that the yeast was being removed from his body. I started researching in depth the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and realized that this was going to be a process since we now had to remove sugar, starch, and carbs from his diet. We have taken it slowly by removing potatoes and reducing sugar immensely. (Once our baby boy is born our whole family is going to do the Specific Carb Diet. ) I felt so good about what we had started and felt like Haiden was in a very good place.

For more information on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet please visit http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/ and http://www.pecanbread.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment